Permanent Cosmetics is such a blessing when you no longer have to wake up and waste your time putting on your “face”. However, the proper steps must be followed during healing to avoid any serious infections. Alicia Shapira, owner of New Image Beauty Bar, will always send you home with an after-care kit and thorough instructions, but, below is a list just in case you forget!
If there is any swelling immediately after the procedure, an ice pack should be applied for no more than 15 minutes at a time. You may experience swelling up to several days after your procedure, but here are a few do’s and don’ts to help your healing process move quickly:
1. Do not rub skin when washing your face for at least 10 days
2. Do not pick or scratch tattooed area.
3. For aftercare on hair simulation procedures, do not wash the area, scrub, pick, or get any chemicals on the area until it is healed.
4. Do not wear contacts after eyeliner procedure
5. Do not wear makeup on tattooed area until area has healed
6. Use sun screen and avoid harsh chemicals or Retin A, this may colour to fade or discolor.
7. The tattooed area will be dark for the first several days and will fade. Lips will fade about 50% after the first three days into a natural shade.
8. Stay out of chlorinated pools, sun beds for at least 1 week.
9. Do not use antibiotic ointment or anything else during healing
10. No smoking immediately following the lip procedure. If smoking can be avoided, apply a heavy coating of aquaphor and cover your lips with your hand while smoking.
Do not be alarmed by fading after the first application. The final color cannot be judged until at least 3 weeks after the touchup applications are completed. This is the reason follow-ups are required.
Micro Pigment Implantation, otherwise known as Permanent Cosmetics is a two, sometimes three step process. The results cannot be determined until after the touch up application. Alicia performs this service to the best of her ability, and to achieve the desired results, your cooperation is required in the instructions above.