One of the most important steps to Brazilain Stretch Mark Camouflage is the aftercare. With proper aftercare, you can expect the best results and quick healing time. If you do not follow the proper aftercare guidelines, you can cause a slower healing process, hyperpigmentation and improper healing.
The Day Before Treatment: Exfoliate
“I like to ask my clients to exfoliate the day before treatment, to smooth the area and remove any dead skin from the area,” said Alicia Shapira.
The area may be red and swollen for up to 72 hours after treatment.
First Two Weeks After Treatment
- Do not scratch the treated area. It may be slightly itchy, from healing, but it’s important to NOT SCRATCH! If the itching is unbearable, we recommend to lightly pat the area.
- Do not use A & D ointment!
- We recommend our patients apply Aquaphor to the treated area.
- Do not swim or sweat in the treated areas for 2 weeks after.
2 Months After Treatment
- Avoid sun exposure for 60 days!
Your stretch marks will go through a series of changes for 60-90 days. For example, the marks may get darker before getting lighter, it’s important to have patience when healing from this treatment. “You have been dealing with stretch marks for years. So a few months of patients and following instructions, to achieve beautiful results, it totally worth it,” says Alicia.
Some patients may fully heal in 60 days and some may take 90, it can change depending on your diet, skin tone, skin type and more.
About 30% of our clients do come back for a touchup. It depends on each individual, how well they follow post-care instructions and how their skin takes the treatment. For more questions, feel free to contact Alicia Shapira!
New Image Beauty Bar 🌸
📞 (954) 774-5087
📍 7401 Wiles Rd. Suite# 252 Coral Springs FL 33067