Fibroblast is the only cosmetic treatment to use plasma to reduce the volume of excess skin. Low risk, minimal downtime and more affordable than surgery. Fibroblast Treatment is known for it’s success with Non Surgical Eye Lifts, Tummy Tightening, Neck Tightening and so much more.
HOW DOES FIBROBLAST TREATMENT WORK?
Fibroblast is a relatively new innovation in the beauty industry in North America but has been used for a number of years in Europe. The extremely accurate hand held device works by utilizing the voltage in the air between its tip and the natural gasses emitted from our skin, to form a plasma charge. A small electrical arc is created and instantly shrinks the targeted skin. The tissues retract and tighten giving you more youthful looking skin.
WHAT IS IT USED TO TREAT?
Fibroblast is able to treat a number of imperfections without any actual cutting of the skin. It can be used for:
- Eyelid Tightening, including under eyes and excess upper eyelid skin.
- Skin imperfections, including skin tags and sunspots.
- Improvement in the appearance of acne scars
- Tightening loose stomach skin after pregnancy.
- Lines and wrinkles around the mouth.
- Jowls and Neck Tightening.
- Knee Caps and Under Arms
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
As Fibroblast is more than a simple tightening treatment (skin volume is actually reduced), the effects should last as long as they would with invasive surgery. Like all surgical and cosmetic procedures, the effects of fibroblast are not entirely permanent as it does not stop any further ageing, but the positive results should last years depending on the area treated. The positive effects of treatment will be noticeable immediately after the first treatment, but the final results will be seen after 8 weeks. For some, an additional treatment may be required after 8 weeks for maximum results. Additionally, there are lifestyle factors that can prevent the result from lasting as long as they can, such as smoking, alcohol consumption, and prolonged sun exposure.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS ARE REQUIRED?
The number of treatments required will vary according to the area being treated, skin’s laxity, the desired degree of correction and the individual’s response to the treatment. Most clients see results instantly and this continues to improve over the course of the following 8 weeks. Further treatments can be carried out to achieve better results. Appointments must be spaced out by 8 weeks.
WHAT TO EXPECT-SIDE EFFECTS AND RISKS
Fibroblast has been shown to be a safe treatment due to its non-invasive nature when done by a fully certified technician. Still the majority of clients are likely to experience some minor side effects in the 7-10 days following treatment.
There will be small carbon crusts (little polkadots) in the treated area that will last 7-10 days before naturally lifting, revealing new pink skin beneath. Swelling in the eye area is to be expected for a few days following an upper eyelid treatment. To avoid any more serious side effects such as hyperpigmentation, follow the aftercare recommendations given to you by your technician.
WHO IS AN IDEAL CANDIDATE?
● The client should be in good health at the time of the appointment, with no preexisting health conditions. If the client displays signs of cold or flu the treatment should be rescheduled.
● Clients skin should not be inflamed in the area we are treating prior to procedure.
● Clients prone to keloid scars are not ideal candidates.
● Clients with diabetes, healing disorders or lymphatic draining issues should not undergo
● Clients with a sunburn/suntan should postpone treatment.
● Clients who have a history of Hyperpigmentation/Hypopigmentation are not ideal candidates.
● The client must not display any tanning at the time of the treatment.
● The client must not display herpes simplex (cold sores when working in the lip area) It is
recommended they consult with their medical Doctor and begin taking the prescription Valtrex 3
days prior to treatment and 4 days following treatment.
● If the client wears a pacemaker avoid treatment with electrical arcing.
● Clients who are pregnant or nursing are not ideal candidates.
● Clients should have eyelash extensions REMOVED prior to eye lift treatment.
● This treatment is only recommended on Fitzpatrick Scales 1-3
- Fibroblast Treatment is not advised for those with very dark skin. This is because there is a higher risk of hyperpigmentation (dark spots) or hypopigmentation (light spots) following treatment.
DAY OF TREATMENT
On the treatment day, it is recommended that no make-up is worn on the treatment area. You may take an anti-histamine 30 minutes prior to your appointment to help with swelling and continue to take anti-histamines for 2-3 days following your appointment.
A numbing agent is applied and left to take effect for up to 30 minutes. When the treatment area is sufficiently numb, the session begins with multiple connections of the fibroblast tip, spaced closely together. You may feel some heat in the treatment area, which may be uncomfortable and slightly irritating. Treatment time is usually between 10-40 minutes, depending on the size of the area.
Immediately after treatment the area may be red and mildly swollen with small carbon crusts (spots). You may experience a sensation similar to a sun burn which will likely last a few hours. Swelling may intensify over the following few hours and more so when eyes are treated and may last 2-3 days. The carbon crusts will lift within 5 -12 days depending on the individual and area treated. Results gradually improve over the course of the following 8 weeks.
Following treatment you will be given thorough aftercare instructions to ensure that you see the best results. . In the week following treatment (or until the treatment area has fully healed) an exfoliating wash or cleanser should not be used. Instead opt for a pH balanced soap (dove), and avoid rubbing the area.
- Clients should be in good health at the time of the appointment, with no preexisting health conditions. If the client displays signs of cold or flu the treatment should be rescheduled.
- Clients skin should not be inflamed in the area we are treating prior to procedure.
- Clients prone to keloid scars are not ideal candidates.
- Clients with diabetes, healing disorders or lymphatic draining issues should not undergo treatment.
- Clients with a sunburn/sun tan should postpone treatment.
- Clients who have a history of Hyperpigmentation are not ideal candidates.
- Clients must not display any tanning at the time of the treatment.
- Clients must not display Herpes Simplex Virus (Cold sores/Fever blisters). You will need to reschedule your appointment if you are experiencing an outbreak. If you have experienced Herpes Simplex Virus (Cold sores/Fever blisters) in the past you must see your Medical Doctor and obtain a prescription for Valtrex and begin taking it 3 days before treatment and for 4 days following treatment. (This applies for treatments surrounding the lip area only)
- Not for clients with pace makers.
- Not for clients who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Clients with Eyelash extensions receiving upper or lower eyelid treatment must have lashes removed prior to treatment and reapplied after 8 weeks.
- This treatment is only recommended on light-medium skin tones . Anyone with a darker complexions is at risk for Hyperpigmentation.
COST OF TREATMENT
Fibroblast Treatment is certainly more affordable than cosmetic surgery and the prices of treatment depends on the area treated. When comparing a treatment to the cost of surgery. New Image Beauty Bar is very excited to be offering this service very soon. Stay tuned for details!