Tired of that Dull, Flaky, Uneven Skin?
MICRONEEDLING is the ANSWER.
Microneedling also known as collagen induction therapy, is a minimally invasive treatment to aid in rejuvenation of new skin. The purpose of treatment is to generate new collagen and skin tissue for smoother, firmer, more toned skin.
THE MICRONEEDLING TREATMENT
Preparing for Microneedling Treatment
- Keep out of the sun for 24 hours before your treatment.
- Arrive at the clinic with a clean face and no makeup.
- Don’t have microneedling performed if you have used Accutane (Isotretinoin), an acne medication, in the last six months.
A topical numbing cream is applied and you will sit for about 45 to 1 hour, prior to the treatment beginning. I would recommend bringing something to do while you wait.
THE MICRONEEDLING TREATMENT
Then we remove the numbing cream from the face. Then, working in sections, we use the pen to cover the surface of the skin in small using circular motions, in a serious of continues lines, until each section was complete. The treatment itself barely lasts 20 minutes if that.
What to expect next after Microneedling Treatment
- Wait at least four hours to wash your face.
- Your skin may feel warm and tight and look red for one to three days. During this period, use a delicate cleanser and moisturizer, and apply 1% hydrocortisone cream as needed to soothe skin irritation.
- Avoid swimming, strenuous exercise and excessive sun exposure.
- Avoid taking anti-inflammatory medications for several days, which could interfere with your body’s healing process.
- Peeling and flaking of the treatment area may occur three to five days after microneedling as a result of increased skin cell turnover.
- Avoid picking and scratching at your skin. Instead, use a gentle moisturizer to help combat dry skin.
Below is a 7 day breakdown of what the skin looks like –
- Day 1 – after the treatment, you skin is red with some dots.
- Day 2 – the redness has mostly gone away and now you just have tiny little dots throughout your skin.
- Day 5 – the redness is gone but the dots are slightly darker as they heal, but you can easily wear makeup at this point to cover it up.
- Day 7 – a week out, the skin is beginning to fully heal with only a little discoloration throughout
The Positive Results of Microneedling Treatment
- Will become visible within two to four weeks. In the meantime, you can wear cosmetics to lessen the appearance of skin redness and peeling.
- Expect the results of microneedling to last up to six months. You can repeat the procedure as often as every four to five months.
- You may need three to six treatments.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us at New Image Beauty Bar or book an appointment for your Microneedling Treatment.
New Image Beauty Bar
7401 Wiles Rd. Suite# 252
Coral Springs FL 33067