Microneedling is one of the best ways to penetrate your wrinkles and give you radiant skin appearing 10 years younger in as little as the 1st treatment! After your Skin Needling treatment, the Proper use of At Home Products is essential for glowing and hydrated skin!
Microneedling treats light scarring and fine to deep wrinkles. Using a machine for the procedure, the needle cluster is gently inserted into the epidermis and top layer of the dermis.
Microneedling promotes the natural reproduction of collagen and elastin, making the skin feel smoother and tighter. We treat only the area that needs attention. We do not work on any tissue outside the boundaries of the wrinkles or scar tissue, as this will make the wrinkle appear even deeper.
Microneedling stimulates the body’s natural wound-healing reaction to produce natural collagen.
With microscopic punctures in the epidermis/dermis, Microneedling is minimally invasive with little damage to the epidermis/dermis.
Clients who choose Microneedling procedures have minimal ‘down time’ and swelling, and most people return to work the following day.
What Is the Needle Depth of Penetration?
The insertion depth of the needle is approximately .07mm, but this measurement depends on the severity of the wrinkles and the client’s desired results. For fine wrinkles, we barely insert the needle into the skin, for heavy wrinkles the needle penetration is deeper.
What Contributes to Wrinkles and The Loss of Collagen?
- Sun, and tanning beds
- Anyone who works outdoors
- Anyone who likes to ‘play’ outdoors: volleyball, golf, water sports, baseball etc.
- Smoking/ Excessive drinking
- Unhealthy lifestyles
- People that are Type I and II on the Fitzpatrick scale
- Sleeping with your face buried in a pillow
- Resting your chin in your hands
- Pulling on your skin
- Rubbing your eyes excessively
- Diseases and / or Disorders
- Improper diet
- Weight gain and weight loss
Who Will Benefit from Microneedling?
- In view of the fact that Microneedling is a nominally invasive procedure, anyone with fine, medium or heavy wrinkling will experience positive results. Acne scars, chicken pox scars, stretch marks, surgical scars will show an improvement after each Skin Needling Application.
- People with acne scars, chicken pox scars, and scars from surgery
- People who have picked at pimples and scabs, creating scars and pits
- People with naso-labial wrinkles, as well as smoker’s and laugh lines
- People with chest, neck, knee, arm and hand wrinkles
Contraindications for Microneedling
- Anyone who is darker skinned and hyper-pigmented will need to use a lightening skin treatment for 2 weeks prior to their treatment appointments
- If you have the propensity to keloid you would not be a candidate for Microneedling
- Anyone that has a raised moles or warts, or any other raised lesions
Who Is Not A Candidate For Microneedling?
- Anyone that is under medical care that may be on a high blood pressure medication, heart medication, is diabetic, not in general good health, is a poor healer, takes a daily aspirin, has an active herpetic breakout, or has just had an invasive laser / deep peel / facial treatment.
- Anyone that has any type of facial skin disease or disorder that would be a contraindication
- Anyone who is taking homeopathic substances, vitamins or herbs that thin the blood
- Anyone with scars that are less than 6 months old
- Anyone that has had facial fillers, or Botox, in the past 4 months in their lips or face
- Anyone who has had facial surgery in the past 6 months
- Anyone who has had ‘PERMANENT’ fillers, such as Dermagen or Shark Cartilage injected in the past 6 months would not be a candidate for Skin Needling
- Anyone that has been using corto-steroids on the treatment area, as this thins the skin’s tissue
- ASK YOUR PHYSICIAN WHAT THEIR PROTOCOL IS FOR TIME FRAMES OF THE PROCEDURES LISTED ABOVE!
- If you are under a health care providers care, we must have a physician’s / health care providers release prior to any procedure application.
- Pregnant or lactating women
- Anyone that we consider a ‘High Risk’
For appointments for microneedling procedure, please feel free to call or text 954-774-5087 or email [email protected] for more information!