The possibilities with permanent makeup are endless; however, we focus on eyebrows, eyeliner, and lips.
EYEBROW CARE (BEFORE)
To maximize the procedure, it is important that you follow the procedures listed below prior to your scheduled visit.
- Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, niacin or vitamin E 24 hours before your procedure.
- Do not go tanning in or outdoors or have a sunburned face.
- Do not get a wax or tint 3 days before.
- Do not work out the day of.
- Do not drink alcohol or caffeine the day of the procedure.
- Do keep in mind that if you are scheduled during your menstrual cycle you will be more sensitive.
EYEBROW CARE (AFTER)
To ensure that you have long-lasting results, please follow the after-care procedures outlined below.
- Absolutely no cleansers, creams, makeup, or any other products on treated area for 2 weeks.
- No water on treated area either.
- Keep the area clean and sterile.
- Don’t scratch, rub or pick at the area. Let it heal on its own. Scabbing or dry skin are normal and a part of the process, so let it heal naturally.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for as long as possible but specifically for at least 10 days.
- Do not get any other treatments on or near the area such as Botox, facials, chemical peels, or microdermabrasion for at least one month.
- Avoid the sun for at least a month. If you can’t help it, always cover the treated area.
- Avoid heavy sweating for at least two weeks.
HOW LONG DOES THE HEALING PROCESS TAKE?
It is completely normal to experience some tenderness and swelling immediately following the procedure and for a few days after. The pigment will appear darker and more vibrant than how it will actually look when it is healed. Healing durations vary with each person but generally take 5 to 8 days. Other than slight sensitivity in the treated area, healing is normally painless.
DOES PERMANENT MAKEUP LOOK NATURAL?
Alicia has been doing makeup for almost 15 years, so she is not only a professional, she is also an artist. Her experience, steady hand, and passion for beauty translate over to permanent makeup. She prides herself on providing the most natural procedures in the business. There are many great technicians out there, but Alicia’s distinct style, obsession with perfection, and intense attention to detail are what set her apart from the rest. A substantial percentage of her clients come to her for corrections after experiencing unsatisfactory treatments done elsewhere. Permanent makeup isn’t supposed to be noticeable — it’s meant to look natural, and that’s exactly what you’ll get at New Image Beauty Bar.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
Although permanent makeup lasts for years, allowing you to focus on more important matters, the exact length of time varies depending on skin type, lifestyle, and exposure to the sun. To maximize the duration, please follow the after-treatment care provided above and try to always cover the treated area when in the sun.