One of the most important steps to Brazilain Stretch Mark Camouflage is the aftercare. With proper aftercare, you can expect the best results and quick healing time. If you do not follow the proper aftercare guidelines, you can cause a slower healing process, hyperpigmentation and improper healing.
The Day Before Treatment: Exfoliate"I like to ask my clients to exfoliate the day before treatment, to smooth the area and remove any dead skin from the area," said Alicia Shapira.
The area may be red and swollen for up to 72 hours after treatment.
First Two Weeks After Treatment
- Do not scratch the treated area. It may be slightly itchy, from healing, but it's important to NOT SCRATCH! If the itching is unbearable, we recommend to lightly pat the area.
- Do not use A & D ointment!
- We recommend our patients apply Aquaphor to the treated area.
- Do not swim or sweat in the treated areas for 2 weeks after.
2 Months After Treatment
- Avoid sun exposure for 60 days!