Hyaluronic acid, also known as hyaluronan, is a clear, gooey substance that is naturally produced by your body. The largest amounts of it are found in your skin, connective tissue and eyes. Its main function is to retain water to keep your tissues well lubricated and moist.
In fact, our own skin cells actually produce Hyaluronic Acid naturally in a bid to maintain moisture levels. But, thanks to pesky aging and environmental aggressors, to name just a few things flung at our faces on a daily basis, those levels tend to take a bit of a dip.
HA (hyaluronic acid) is critical in maintaining skin hydration, although it can be degraded by free radical mechanisms caused by things like UV exposure. Topically applied, it helps to hydrate the skin and maintain this hydration as a humectant.
Benefits YOU probably had not heard of:
- If skin is sufficiently hydrated, it feels super-soft, plump and looks so much more radiant. No more taking pictures with special Apps with filters.
- When skin is hydrated, lines and wrinkles (even the deeper ones) appear diminished, so it is a great ingredient for those with aging skin who are looking to get a younger visage.
- It works wonders on everyone. Hyaluronic Acid works for any skin type, even sensitive or breakout-prone skin, as well as those with an oily complexion.
- Recent research suggests that Hyaluronic Acid also has antioxidant properties, which means it can act like a shield against free radicals we aren’t in control of, like pollution and other aggressors.
- it’s naturally present in the skin, but its concentrations increase when there is damage in need of repair. It regulates inflammation levels and signals the body to build more blood vessels in damaged area.
Did you know? You can receive Hyaluronic Acid Lip Injections here at New Image Beauty Bar? Call 954-774-5087 to schedule your appointments!