We advise you to please read the following information about the process before scheduling your appointment. The Before and After Care are key in ensuring your procedure is seamless and long-lasting.
WHAT IS PERMANENT MAKEUP?
Permanent makeup is a specialized technique used for permanent cosmetics which is sometimes referred to as micopigmentation. The process includes a free consultation, the application of pigment, and one follow-up visit. During the follow-up visit, the area is evaluated and touch ups are added where needed to perfect the look.
WHO IS PERMANENT MAKEUP FOR?
If you are ready to look your best from the moment you wake up in the morning to the time you rest your head, then it’s for you. If you’re a busy mom or career woman and don’t have the time to fill in your eyebrows every morning, it’s the perfect solution for you. If you dislike wearing makeup and would rather keep it natural but still have perfect eyebrows, then it’s definitely for you. It is also perfect for people who are very active, who do a lot of sports or go to the gym on a daily basis, because you don’t have to worry about your makeup getting smeared.
WHO SHOULD NOT GET PERMANENT MAKEUP?
Some people are not good candidates for permanent makeup. Here’s a list of circumstances in which permanent makeup is not recommended.
- If you’ve had Botox in the past 2 months
- If you are sick with the cold, flu, etc.
- If you are diabetic
- If you are pregnant or nursing
- If you have epilepsy
- If you have a viral infection and/or diseases
- If you are undergoing chemotherapy
- If you have a skin irritation or psoriasis near the area being worked on
- If you have had an organ transplant
- If you have a pacemaker or any major heart problems
- If you’ve used Accutane in the past year
WHAT TYPE OF PERMANENT MAKEUP PROCEDURES ARE THERE?
The possibilities with permanent makeup are endless; however, we focus on eyebrows, eyeliner, and lips.
EYEBROW CARE (BEFORE)
To maximize the procedure, it is important that you follow the procedures listed below prior to your scheduled visit.
- Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, niacin or vitamin E 24 hours before your procedure.
- Do not go tanning in or outdoors or have a sunburned face.
- Do not get a wax or tint 3 days before.
- Do not work out the day of.
- Do not drink alcohol or caffeine the day of the procedure.
- Do keep in mind that if you are scheduled during your menstrual cycle you will be more sensitive.
EYEBROW CARE (AFTER)
To ensure that you have long-lasting results, please follow the after-care procedures outlined below.
- Absolutely no cleansers, creams, makeup, or any other products on treated area for 2 weeks.
- No water on treated area either.
- Keep the area clean and sterile.
- Don’t scratch, rub or pick at the area. Let it heal on its own. Scabbing or dry skin are normal and a part of the process, so let it heal naturally.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for as long as possible but specifically for at least 10 days.
- Do not get any other treatments on or near the area such as Botox, facials, chemical peels, or microdermabrasion for at least one month.
- Avoid the sun for at least a month. If you can’t help it, always cover the treated area.
- Avoid heavy sweating for at least two weeks.
HOW LONG DOES THE HEALING PROCESS TAKE?
It is completely normal to experience some tenderness and swelling immediately following the procedure and for a few days after. The pigment will appear darker and more vibrant than how it will actually look when it is healed. Healing durations vary with each person but generally take 5 to 8 days. Other than slight sensitivity in the treated area, healing is normally painless.
DOES PERMANENT MAKEUP LOOK NATURAL?
Alicia has been doing makeup for almost 5 years, so she is not only a professional, she is also an artist. Her experience, steady hand, and passion for beauty translate over to permanent makeup. She prides herself on providing the most natural procedures in the business. There are many great technicians out there, but Alicia’s distinct style, obsession with perfection, and intense attention to detail are what set her apart from the rest. A substantial percentage of her clients come to her for corrections after experiencing unsatisfactory treatments done elsewhere. Permanent makeup isn’t supposed to be noticeable — it’s meant to look natural, and that’s exactly what you’ll get at New Image Beauty Bar.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
Although permanent makeup lasts for years, allowing you to focus on more important matters, the exact length of time varies depending on skin type, lifestyle, and exposure to the sun. To maximize the duration, please follow the after-treatment care provided above and try to always cover the treated area when in the sun.